dissabte, 11 de gener del 2014

Christmas Eve

For me, the best day of the year is not my birthday, not the last day of school, it's Christmas Eve. This year I decided to leave my mother here and go to visit my family in Germany. I love this time of the year, it's snowing, everyone is happy, everyone is baking cookies and the whole family is together.

My grandparents picked me up on the airport and I have slept there during the holidays. The first days I did the typical last-minute shopping to buy some presents and christmas cards, it was amazing to see how much people buy their presents on the last day, and how much money they spent. On Christmas Eve, everyone in my family has to go to the church, even if you are never going during the year. It is very boring to sit there, and listen for hours and hours to something you can't even understand, but it's always funny because my cousins bring their children and they can entertain us very well. Last Christmas they told us to go outside because we were making too much noise and other people wanted to listen to the pastor. This was the best moment ever, we laughed so much and had so much fun even it was freezing outside.
After church comes the best, going outside and wish everyone, and I mean everyone, a happy Christmas. There are always so much people that after this everyone hurts the hand from shaking everyone's hand. After this every family goes home and have the Christmas diner and then it's time to open their presents.

The next day, the stress begins. You have to go every day to someone of your family's house. So the most people are happy when Christmas is over.




Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada