diumenge, 10 de maig del 2015

Mother's day: things I learned from my mom

I hate to admit it, but my mother is usually right in nearly everything.
With every question or doubt I came to her, she gave me an answer and even if I didn't want to hear it in that moment, at the end when everything was too late, I always realized that she was right.
In our relationship during the last few years, especially after the divorce of my parents I always saw my mother as the bad one, who does it all wrong, and my father was always the best, like he never does anything wrong, though he absolutely does it all wrong.
Now, with nearly 18 years, my opinion of them start to change. I finally see what my mother does for me, and that my father does nothing except making empty promises.
So after plenty of fights, tears and laughter, we finally made it better, not completely but we are working on our relationship.

One thing I  really aprecciate is that she never used the "I told you so" after I sat in my room crying over situations I probably could have avoided, had I listened to her. I really hate it when someone says that, because they only make you feel worser than before.
Now that I think about it, there a lot of things I should have listened to my mom, like the following:

-Friends: I should have taken her advice on many issues I had with my friends, but instead I had to learn the hard way which one are my true friends.
-Boys: she always knew before I did which were the good ones and which the bad ones, but of course I listened to nothing she said.
-Being kind: She thaught me that being good to someone, even when that person isn't good to you, is always better than showing negativity.
-Do what you really want: My mother never forced me to do anything, I'm always free to do what I thing is good for me.

1 comentari:

  1. this is such a moving post... please make sure your mom can read it so you can make up for all the tough moments. It takes a great deal of courage and maturity to say all this out loud. I am really proud of you!! :)))

    ResponElimina