divendres, 6 de març del 2015

Skype with Noa

The Skype session with Noa was really interesting, especially for me. It presented a great opportunity for the whole class to learn more about taking a year abroad because she explained a little bit about her tasks, her daily rutine, her impressions and her experiences as an au-pair living so far away from home.

She told us that she had payed for an agency espezialized in au-pairs who wanted to go to Australia. The agency also found a family for which she could take care about their children and they fixed all the complicated paper stuff too, so she didn't had to worry about anything.

In the Skype session, I asked Noa what kind of papers she needed, and fortunately I'm lucky of having a German nationality to get the Australian Visa, because as it seems the Spanish people can't get the Working Holiday Visa. Besides this, I'll also need some references, pictures of myself and of course, a passport. Finally, I wondered about the jet-lag, I imagine it to be really tough and I was right. Noa said that it was very difficult for her to get used to the difference of hours, she had a jet-lag during months!

A few months ago I also decided that I want to go a year abroad to Australia and I have already found an agency which will do the same for me, they will look for a family and the papers I'll need. Like her, I hope to have luck with my au-pair family and I hope to have a great time in Australia because this may be the most important experience I will ever have.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada