dissabte, 28 de febrer del 2015

Why are we so tired at midday?

I started wondering because in the last hours in school I always become extremely tired, so much that I really have to force myself to keep my eyes open and try to listen to the teacher, but this is nearly impossible. However, after school I come home and eat lunch, but then I'm more tired than before! It's like all the energy I had in the morning disappears and I really need to sleep.

I always thought that only I had this feeling, but no. It's not only a mith, the 2:30 is the consequence if you haven't had your afternoon caffeine fix or if you're making an excuse for a boring situation you don't care to be in. Mostly, the only solution is to take caffeine!

This afternoon fatigue has many possible causes, one of them is the body's natural sleep cycle. Our body's natural sleep cycle will automatically make us want to take a nap in the afternoon, because we woke up early in the morning. Because of this, some cultures have the siesta, like we have in Spain, because they find that they're more productive and bettter able to concentrate if they take time off after lunch. So, as a matter of fact, if you take a nap after lunch, your productivity increases throughout the rest of the day,
Another causes of the fatigue is the release of sleep chemicals, melatonin. These natural chemicals tells you that it's time to sleep between 2 and 4 in the afternoon. The release has to do with a dip in our core body temperature, because right before going to sleep, the temperature drops, which is a signal for the brain to release melatonin.
Some possible for having more energy during work is to have a right diet and to move. Doctors believe that only the move of standing up from your chair, produces beneficial  health effects.  Therefore, getting up and walk around every hour and eating proteins every morning, should avoid the afternoon fatigue.

Personally, I do all of these things and still feel like death at midday. So, as I see it, the best solution is to relax a little bit after school and take a lot of caffeine!



DICTIONNARY:
Dip: Immersió

http://elitedaily.com/life/230-feeling-science-explains-get-fcking-tired-midday/933380/

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada